Page 1: Privacy and Consent Statement
Consent Form/ Privacy Statement
Title of Project:
Survey of U.S. feeding protocols as it pertains to daily Iron (Fe) amounts given to Thoroughbred Race Horses.
Description of project:
- Research is conducted by Nancy L. McLean an MSc Equine Science student at The University of Edinburgh
- Thoroughbred Racehorses are often supplemented with Iron in an attempt to improve performance. This study is collecting data on the iron intake of Thoroughbred racehorses.
- This research has obtained ethical approval.
Eligibility: Participants must be Licensed Trainers in Thoroughbred Racing with horses in the U.S.
- 5 - 7 minutes
- Complete an Online Survey (anonymously).
- Your participation is voluntary. You may choose not to participate and you may withdraw at any time. If you decide not to participate or to withdraw from the study, you will not be penalized in any way, and your responses will not be used.”
Contact information of researcher: Nancy McLean, email: email@example.com
- You understand the purpose of this study, and that you are welcome to ask questions about it at any time.
- You understand that you are free to withdraw my consent for involvement, however, as the survey is anonymous, once the ‘submit’ button is clicked, it will not be possible to withdraw
- You understand that your name will not appear in any published document relating to this study, as all information collected is completely anonymous.
- You understand that the data collected will - though fully anonymized - appear in publications and reports relevant to this area of research.
- Your responses will be confidential. We do not collect identifying information such as name, your email, or your IP address.
By clicking the ‘agree’ button, you are confirming that you have read and understood the above and have given informed consent.
By clicking on the "Agree" tab....you agree to the Privacy/Consent Statement.